There are so many products that have useful properties that we don’t know about. For example, an avocado seed. How many times have we thrown one away?
Bright Side wants to tell you about the useful properties of avocado seeds and different ways to use them.
Avocado seeds have bactericidal and fungicidal properties. It means that they are able to neutralize different harmful microorganisms. Additionally, seeds contain saponins that boost our metabolism and help our body get rid of “bad” cholesterol. Besides, these products contain calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
It’s highly recommended to use avocado seeds as a cosmetic product or a food supplement.
How to prepare avocado seeds?
Before cooking an avocado seed, you have to peel the brown skin off and let the seed dry. Use a grater to grate the skin, then put it in the oven and bake it for about an hour at a low temperature. As for the pit, you can bake it without grating it (for about 2 hours), then peel the skin, and grate the pit’s pulp. It’s not recommended to eat fresh seeds.
How to use avocado seeds as a cosmetic product:
Thanks to their antibacterial effect, avocado seeds deal great with acne, oily hair, and dandruff. They also have a good influence on our skin color and hair health.
- A scrub. Mix grated avocado seeds with ground coffee, add sea salt, and apply on your skin with gentle motions.
- A drying cream. Mix warm water and the grated seed until the mixture looks like a paste. For a better effect, add a few drops of tea tree oil. Apply the treatment to your pimples only and leave it for 4-6 minutes.
- A facial mask. Mix a grated pit with powdered clay, add some water, and apply to your face avoiding applying on the eye area. After 15 minutes, wash your face and apply a moisturizing cream.
- A hair rinse. Add 30 fl oz water in a pan with grated avocado seeds. Boil the water at a low temperature for 30 minutes. Filter the mixture and rinse your hair with this water after you wash it.
How to use it as a food supplement:
It’s recommended to consume avocado seeds if you suffer from obesity, atherosclerosis, or experience problems with your blood pressure. You may also eat them if you have inflammation (for example, the flu) or digestive disorders. Grated seeds are usually added to salads, smoothies, and other dishes.
- A salad. All kinds of salads taste great with grated avocado seeds but we recommend to mix the seed powder with vegetables and avocado. Cut your favorite vegetables into pieces and add some powder. You can also add eggs, boiled meat, or fish if you want.
- A smoothie. Whip 2 cups of almond milk, a banana, celery, spinach, and 1 tsp of avocado seed powder in the blender. By the way, you can use any other recipe you like but keep in mind that avocado seeds are pretty bitter, so it’s better to add something sweet.
- A creamy soup. Fryan onion, add the avocado pulp, and 15 fl oz of vegetable broth. Wait until the soup boils and whip it in the blender. Pour the soup into bowls and sprinkle it with grated avocado seeds.
Do you use avocado seeds? Share your recipes with us!