A pimple is a common skin condition that affects many people worldwide. It typically occurs on one’s face, but may also affect other areas of the skin such as the ear. A pimple in the ear can occur in the auricle as well as in the external ear canal. Some of the many reasons for a pimple in the ear are excessive production of oil by the oil glands, bacteria formation in the skin pores, stress and even hormonal imbalance. There are several highly effective home remedies for treating this condition.
- Ice Pack- Ice pack is considered a good remedy for treating pimples in the ear because of its coldness. The flow of blood slows down in low temperature. This helps to reduce inflammation in the area by tightening up the skin for some time. This also reduces redness.
- While applying an ice pack, care must be taken to wrap up the ice cubes in a clean towel.
- Ice must not be applied directly on the skin as it creates the risk of frostbite.
- An ice pack remedy typically works in about 10 to 15 minutes.
- The ice pack must be applied on the affected area a few times a day for complete skin healing.
- Warm Compress- Applying warm compress on the pimple effectively reduces skin inflammation. It also reduces skin irritation to a considerable extent.
- When a cloth soaked in warm water is applied on the ear pimple it softens the pimple. This helps to clean the pus that is formed inside it.
- This method takes about 5 minutes to work.
- Using warm compress twice daily for a significant period of time can help avoid any further formation of pimples in the ear.
- Turmeric and Neem Paste- Turmeric and neem are widely known natural ingredients for many skin conditions due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
- A home-made paste of fresh neem leaves mixed with a little turmeric powder works wonders on pimples.
- As the paste dries out on the skin it heals the skin completely.
- Upon removing the paste with a small damp cloth the ear is left clean and healthy.
- Drinking a glass of turmeric milk every night before bed also helps to prevent pimples.
5 Effective Home Remedies for Pimple in the Ear
- Aloe Vera- Aloe vera is known to have anti-bacterial properties. It has the ability to reduce skin inflammation and redness. Aloe vera plant is widely available.
- The gel of the plant which is used to heal wounds is extracted from its leaves.
- This should be applied directly on the pimple and left to sit for 20 minutes.
- It is essential to repeat this process twice daily for at least 2 to 3 weeks until the required result is achieved.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Apple cider vinegar also has anti-bacterial properties.
- 1 part of raw apple cider vinegar when mixed with 3 parts of water creates a solution that is anti-bacterial.
- This mixture is required to be applied to the skin directly and must be allowed to sit for 10 minutes.
- A repeated application of this mixture at least 2 to 3 times daily cleans the pimple completely and the skin feels new and nourished once again.
Additionally, the ears must be cleaned regularly with soft cotton buds. It is advisable to avoid oily and fatty foods as much as possible. It is also essential to regularly clean earplugs, earphones and other products that are directly inserted into the ear. A healthy lifestyle is the primary source of clean, healthy skin.